Music Cares is an outreach program which sponsors young children and teenagers who are HIV positive to learn music and nurture their talents irrespective of the stigma and physical challenges they may face. These are children who are passionate about music and naturally gifted but cannot afford the cost of music education.
The Music educators who offer their services and time to this program subsidize their normal fees which is their small way of contributing to this enriching cause.
- The children are selected based on their ability and natural inclination towards music.
- Each of these children are diagnosed with HIV.
- They are not able to afford the tuition fees for music education nor buy the basic instruments.
- The selection of instrument will be a joint decision between the student and educator.
- The identity of the students are not made public to avoid any prejudices. However, individual sponsors will have access to information on the student and their progress and performance.
- The program is supported by Musikshack International but individual sponsors and other contributors are welcome to join in the program.
- Currently the outreach program is being run in Northeast India.
- Full sponsor – Sponsoring a child for his/her tuition fees and basic instrument on an annual basis.
- Limited time sponsor – this will cover the tuition fees for a period of 6 months to a year.
- By spreading the word and inviting people to help
- Further sponsorship of a student will be determined based on the student’s dedication and willingness to continue with the program.