Piano is one of the most tender musical instruments ever created – the soothing melodies one could play with it know no bounds, and it’s not a coincidence that you want to become a piano player yourself. We’re here to talk about digital pianos in general – what they are, and what you should know before purchasing one, among other things.
The Ultimate First Arranger
For many reasons, the Yamaha PSR-E263 Portable Arranger is the ultimate beginner keyboard/arranger. As the successor to the PSR-E253, it is packed with 400 stunning instrument voices and a wealth of accompaniment styles — and it features 61 full-sized keys, onboard lessons, and 32-note polyphony. Onboard you'll also find the Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) — and of course a Portable Grand Piano button to return quickly to the main piano voice for practice and performance. The PSR-E263 is somewhat smaller and lighter than its predecessor and features 10 extra preset songs that can be learned via the Y.E.S. lessons.
Extra-nice edition of an already-winning design
The 61-key Yamaha PSR-E263 Portable Arranger has the same phrase recorder as the PSR-E253 — great for capturing ideas or whole songs, which can then be played back through the keyboard's built-in speakers or headphone jack. But the PSR-E263 has 15 extra voices in which to record phrases (400 total) — for even greater creative freedom — as well as 30 extra music styles to explore and 112 preset songs to practice and perform, utilizing Yamaha's nine-step Song Lesson program. Duo mode even lets you split the keys up into two separate keyboards with the same octave range for teacher/student partner practice. Sweetwater Academy of Music and Technology instructors love the PSR-E263's many useful upgrades!
Yamaha PSR-E263 Portable Arranger Features:
- 61 full-sized keys with synth action facilitate transition to other arrangers as players advance
- 32-note polyphony encourages more complex and imaginative musical expression
- Backlit LCD allows users to read the screen under any lighting conditions
- Portable Grand button gives quick access to the beautiful Yamaha Portable Grand Piano voice
- Yamaha Education Suite allows you to practice preset songs or your own tunes through the aux in
- 112 accompaniment styles add a backing band to your performance or practice
- Duo mode splits the keyboard into 2 halves with the same octave range for partner practice
- Built-in effects (reverb, chorus, and panel sustain) add interest to the 400 voices and spark creativity
- Smaller and lighter than its predecessor for enhanced portability
Number of Keys 61 Type of Keys Full size Polyphony 32 Notes Presets 400 voices, 130 styles, 112 song presets Effects Types Reverb, Chorus, Stereo DSP, Master EQ Audio Recording Phrase recorder Audio Inputs 1 x 1/8" (aux in) Audio Outputs 1 x 1/4" (headphones) Built-in Speakers 2 x 4.7" 2.5W stereo Power Supply 12V DC power supply (sold separately) / 6 x AA batteries Manufacturer Part Number PSRE263